Monday, March 26, 2012

The longest upcycling project EVER.

I have been working on the upcycling project for awhile now. In a previous blog I asked for suggestions on what I should try to upcycle. Old magazines was a suggestion and I decided to tackle it. Yep, I took old magazines cut out strips of paper, rolled them up, glued them together, and made a candle holder. Throughout this whole process until the day I started to put them together I thought I was going to make this into a trash bin... NOPE! That would have taken even more time. So I made a candle holder!
First you must take a strip of old magazine and fold the sides to be overlapping in the middle.
I would roll the magazine around a pencil or pen or something circular (besides your finger) because it gives it a more clean edge.
Now the bottom is a solid huge chunk of strips of magazines. Then the sides are made up of the rolled up magazines.
This is a top view of the candle holder. 
I only built up the sides about 2/3 of the way. Also, if you don't want it to flare out towards the top then glue the circles straight on top of each other. 

Helpful Tip: the strands of glue that a hot glue gun creates are super annoying...take a blow dryer to them. They melt within seconds.




No comments:

Post a Comment